Comparison to Calangute Beach
As compared to Calangute Beach , it is more quieter and also more separated. Its grand excellence, with the creek, the Retreat House perched on the hill and the lack of local tourist buses all have contributed to its unique magnificence. It is more famous with western sightseers who affection to utilize it as a base for water games and angling in the region.
Tourist Attractions – Places to See in Baga Beach
- Medicinal Springs: The thin street heading past the Bom Viagem Convent along the cashew-secured foothills, prompts the springs at Mottant. This is a perfect spot for picnics and bathing, as the water is believed to be medicinal.
- Baga Retreat House: Overlooking the village and the Arabian Sea, at the Baga hilltop is the Baga Retreat House dedicated to St Francis Xavier. It was famous to be the Casa de Retiros.
Things to do at Baga Beach
- Biking and Motorcycle Renting
- Water Sports: Para-sailing, water skiing and wind surfing in the afternoon when the wind is blowing just in the right direction and it goes on till sunset.
- Crocodile And Dolphin Spotting Tours: It is done in Mandovi River to the Zuari River is a favorite pastime for the travelers.
- Late Night Party at Titos
Location of Baga Beach
Baga beach is situated in Pernem taluka, North Goa. It is arranged on the stretch of beach that starts on the banks of Chapora River in the south and proceeds very nearly continuous, for 13 km’s to the Querim beach on the banks of Terekhol River, and the Maharashtra fringe, in the north. Baga beach is the roughly 1-5km of each between Morjim beach to the south and Mandrem beach to the north, somewhat further north is well known Arambol beach.
How to Reach Baga Beach
The nearest international airport is situated to the south, at Vasco, approximately one hour’s drive away by taxi. The closest railway station is at Margao from Baga beach.
Accommodation in Baga Beach (Hotels and Resorts)
- Riviera De Goa
- Ronil Royale
- Sun Village
- Baia Do Sol
- Cavala Resort
- Colonia Santa Maria
- Hotel Lua Nova
- La Baga Beach Resort
- Casa Baga Hotel
- La Calypso Paradiso
- Lazy Lagoon Sarovar Portico Suites
- Riverside Guest House
Popular Restaurants and Bars in Baga Beach : BRITTOs on Baga Beach, LE POISSON ROUGE, TITO’S COURTYARD, FIESTA, CASA PORTUGUESA