Colva beach is one the most renowned beaches in Goa, which is generally equipped with all modern amenities like air-conditioned resort buildings, traveler cabins, discos, seashell ancient rarity stalls, refreshment stalls, eateries, visitor houses, stretching the town tremendously. Colva beach has 20 kms of virgin white sands, palm bordered and sun soaked beaches. Colva picked up fame late as compared to Anjuna beach or Calangute beach.
While taking a walk around the Colva Beach, silver rugs of bangdde might be seen shimmering on the brilliant sands that are laid for drying by the fishermen. Although the Colva Beach has never been a diverting destination for rave parties, Colva’s nightlife is livelier and vibrant than anyplace else in South Goa
Tourist Attractions – Places to See in Colva Beach
- Nossa Senhora de Merces (Our Lady of Mercy) Church
- The Church of St John the Baptist
- Benaulim beach
- The Bull Fight Around Colva: From early October to late May, from 4 pm onwards, one can see the bull fights at Benaulim beach which lies close to Colva beach.
Things to do at Colva Beach
Benaulim Beach: About 2 km away from Colva is the Benaulim beach, which is more peaceful and serene than Colva.
Colva Beach Fairs and Festivals
- The Beach Bonanza Fair: This festival held on successive Sundays from mid-April onwards, where frenzy visitors in merriment participate in live music, dance, and other entertainment.
- Fama of Menino Jesuse (Child Jesus): Celebrated on the third Monday of October every year, Fama of Menino Jesuse is among the most popular festivals of Goa.
Colva Beach Shopping: There are a great deal of trinket shops and beverage stalls on the beach where one can purchase antiquities, obsolescent and gifts for friends holding up again at home. Outdoors eateries serving seafood and Portuguese dishes are in plenitude on the shore.
Location of Colva Beach
How to Reach Colva Beach
By Air: The nearest airport is at Dabolim, which is 29 km away from Panaji and 68 km from Colva.
By Train: The nearest railway station is at Karmali, 11 km away from Panaji. Panaji is 39 km away from Colva.
By Road: There are frequent buses from Colva running to and from Margao (also Madgaon; 6 km away) from where one can take a bus to Panaji, which is 33 km further ahead.
Accommodation in Colva Beach (Hotels and Resorts)
There are plenty of resorts and low-budget hotels in and around Colva. Besides it is possible to rent houses for a longer stay.
- Baywatch Resort
- Bollywood Sea Queen Resort
- GTDC Colva Residency
- Colmar Beach Resort
- Colva Beach Resort
- Colva Condos
- Graciano Cottages
- La Ben Resort
- Longuinhos Beach Resort
- Pearls Oceanique Resort
- Soul Vacation
- Star Beach Resort
- Williams Beach Resort
- Koithra Holiday Home Goa
- Beleza By the Beach
- Amigo Plaza
- Silver Sands Beach Resort Goa
- Hotel Avenue
- Vincy Beach Resort